Leaf Color Wheel by Artist Sue Pruett
Learn how to Harmonize Color first with the Graisalle Under-painting to build form.
Then continuing with a study in Intensity, Value and Harmony to carry the viewers eye around the wheel.
No waiting! This painting pattern is ready for your immediate download!
This is an extensive 34 page study - E-Packet In this lesson, artist and teacher Sue Pruett provides step by step instructions and photographs to complete this painting. This 34 page lesson is packed with information on how to control intensities, values, and temperature as these all work together to create the color harmony achieved in this painting. Using a Poly-chromatic color scheme, (all 12 colors on the color wheel) Sue's goal is to control intensities and value to carry the viewers eye through and around the oval color wheel.
- Learn how to paint a variety of leaves.
- Learn how to create form using a gray scale.
- Understand the shape and form of leaves.
- Learn how to paint different colors of leaves.
- Understand how to control intensities using a poly-chromatic color scheme. (using all 12 color in the color wheel)
- Learn how to create harmony using 12 colors (poly-chromatic).
- Learn how to create interest by adding bug bites, imperfections, accents, tints,flips, backs of leaves and vein lines.
- Brush mixing to cool, warm, lighten, darken, and tone colors.
Palette: DecoArt Traditions Acrylic
Carbon Black – PBk 7
Dark Grey Value 3
Hansa Yellow – PY 74
Raw Sienna –PBr. 7
Medium Grey Value 6
Dioxazine Purple PV 23
Cerulean Blue PB 35
Naphthol Red – PR 170
Naphthol Red Light – PR 9
Quinacridone Gold - PO 48
Ultramarine Blue – PB 29
3/0 Liner - TB11
0 Liner - TB12
8 Flat – TB33
10 Flat – TB24
0 Mini Mop – TB101
1 Mini Mop – TB102
3/8” Blender Mop – TB111
10 Dome Blender – TB92
1” Soft White Mop – TB122
1/2” Angle – TB74
6 Filbert – TB41
8 Filbert – TB42
10 Filbert- TB43
12 Filbert – TB44